Why join the NAWP?
There is no governing body for our industry, therefore no badge that denotes a business that is professional, ethical and has longevity, until the NAWP. As such, our members look to the NAWP to support and fly the flag for our industry.
The NAWP stands for promoting professionalism and integrity within the UK Wedding industry – an association that actively promotes and supports its members, as well as recognising the talent and innovativeness that exists within our industry. We are all entrepreneurs that have harnessed our creative flair to start a business and sustain a livelihood.
The industry also has its fair share of unscrupulous suppliers and bad practice. We recognise that as business owners it can be frustrating to find yourself in the same market place as these businesses and competing for the same clients. There is only one way to change this, and that is to join forces with likeminded professionals and create one, strong voice.
Regardless of the sector you work in within the Wedding industry, we all experience the same problems and issues. Sharing these with other professionals is helpful, and through the NAWP, we are creating one source that echoes the sentiments of so many others – a powerful and viable representative for our businesses.
In joining the NAWP, you are investing and showing a commitment that together we can make positive changes for the future success of the wedding industry, and all our businesses.
Please do email us or call us if you have any questions or would like to discuss membership.
Why the NAWP is important for your business and the industry as a whole:
- Ethical charging. We support pricing based on experience and longevity. Undercutting, marking up and bargaining are not the practices of a professional business.
- Effective networking. You will be networking with businesses of an equal standing and exchanging ideas with like-minded entrepreneurs.
- We actively promote our members. We publish your news, regularly tweet your business, and create new PR opportunities.
- We encourage new businesses and help set the standards to ensure they develop good practice.
- As the NAWP grows, we are creating wider recognition within the client marketplace; helping couples to recognise quality suppliers and know that they have been accurately quoted. Hence helping to stamp out this prevailing thought that all prices are inflated or open to negotiation.